My dad, "Poppy," came to visit us yesterday and today because Ryan went with his family to West Virginia University for the big football game vs. Auburn. WVU won that game by the way! I'm kind of bummed because my camera batteries were on the brink of dying when I took these pictures, so I didn't get to take a whole lot, but there were some really cute moments! While my dad was here he painted our family room, kitchen and living room ceilings. Sydney loved playing with his clean paint brushes and was very interested in watching him paint. At one point, I was cleaning up her toys and my dad was painting and all of a sudden I heard him say, "Uh Sheryl, look at Sydney." And there she was with one of the paint can lids in her hands and white paint covering both of her hands. I was shocked that paint didn't get on anything else! I grabbed her and rushed her over to the sink. Let's just say I followed her everywhere she went the rest of the day because for some reason she was drawn to the wet paint.



For Sydney's birthday my dad bought her a cubicle shelf and he put it together while he was here. In this shot, Sydney was helping Poppy nail the backing on by banging her hand on it while he hammered.

Poppy also brought this rocking chair that he found in the attic for Sydney. The Syvertsen girls used it when we were little. Sydney can't get enough of it.

Thank you Poppy!
No comments:
Post a Comment