Saturday, December 20, 2008

Visit to my Dad's and Christmas Cookie Baking

I've been a little behind with blogging recently because I'm nervous about putting too many pictures on my computer. I keep praying our computer doesn't crash before we get our external hard drive. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago we went down to my dad's in New Jersey and Sydney had a great time with Poppy. She calls him "Bop." We were also able to bake some Christmas cookies with Darlene Spengler while we were down there. This meant a lot to me because for years my mom would bake Christmas cookies with her. I knew I really wanted to keep that tradition going, so I called Darlene up and after quite a few tears we decided to bake cookies together this year. It was such a special time for me and we both said that Sydney was a great distraction from the sadness.
Poppy and Sydney
Poppy gave Sydney rides around in this laundry basket pulled by a bungee cord.
Sydney liked the rides so much that a little while later she dragged the laundry basket into the room where my dad was to have him pull her again.
Some of the Christmas cookies!
Sydney helped Darlene make lunch for us that day. It was so sweet. She just sat and watched what Darlene was doing.
Sampling some of the Christmas cookies!
Getting some lovin' from the Spengler's dog, Brandy!
For some reason Sydney loves doggy kisses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy, when I was Syd's age, I just rides on his shoulders! The laundry basket looks like fun!

So glad to hear that you baked with Darlene. I'm sure it really blessed her as well.

Are you sending samples? :0)
Love you!
Jess