- The other day I took Sydney to storytime at our library. They sing and read books. . .well currently Syd's favorite song is "This Little Light of Mine." She even holds her adorable little finger up as we sing. Anyway, we sang a song at storytime and as soon as it ended Syd yelled out, "Hide. . .No. . .Hide. . .No!" It cracked me up right away because I knew she wanted to sing, "Hide it under a bushel, NO, I'm gonna let it shine!" Apparently, Syd thought they took requests at storytime!
- When we put Syd to bed we read some stories, sing and pray. Tonight like usual Syd folded her sweet little hands to pray and I folded mine and closed my eyes. After a few words into the prayer all of a sudden I feel this tiny little finger go right up my nostril followed by a little giggle. I guess Syd didn't want me to forget to pray for my nostrils. Thanks for the reminder Syd!
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Don't wanna forget!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Very funny.
Noses often get neglected in our everyday prayer life. Thanks for the reminder. We all need to remember this important facial feature.
I forgot that you were Norwegian. Thanks for reminding me today on Heart Choices. I'm going to ask my dad if he may have known your family. The Norwegian part of Bay Ridge was tight. My parents were raised in Salem Gospel Tabernacle as their church. My mom went to Bay Ridge High. I have the feeling though that my parents are probably older than yours. My dad is 80 years old now and my mom died four years ago. But my dad is still in touch with many old friends from the neighborhood. Feel free to email me at debbiepetras@cox.net. I can share more names to check with your dad, if you like. Thanks for stopping by and I'm glad you enjoyed it. I try to keep some of the traditions alive.
Post a Comment