Sunday, November 9, 2008

First Birthday Party!

On Saturday night we celebrated Sydney's first birthday with friends and family. It was a barnyard theme because Sydney loves animals. The only one she can say right now is "dog" but we're working on the others. Sydney was a little fussy earlier in the day, so she made me nervous, but after she woke up from her afternoon nap, she was all set to party! We had cheese and fruit cut into farm animal shapes, mini pigs in a blanket, pulled pork sandwiches, mac 'n cheese, and lots of other yummy things! Thank you to everyone who could come to the party to help Sydney celebrate her first birthday!

And of course there was a pig cake!

And little piggy cupcakes!

While we sang "Happy Birthday" to Sydney she swayed back and forth! It was adorable! Wish I had video of it.
She needed some extra help with blowing out her candles!
After licking some icing, she really didn't waste any time and dug her finger right into the center of the cupcake
Yummy!
Is this the universal sign for too much birthday cake?
Sydney wanted to make sure that Nonna had some of her birthday cake!
Look at that face!
My dad, Poppy, brought up a rocking chair for Sydney that his twin brother made for me when I was little. Sydney loves it!
The Party Animals!

Ryan's cousin, David Twiford, and Julia Derstine
Madelynne Sell
Julia, Maddie and David
Sydney and Nonna
Sheryl's Aunt Cheryl, Cousin Becky Greco(with a baby boy Greco in her belly), Cousin Sonya Larsen and Aunt Laurie (not pictured Sonya's Baby Sadie)
Sarah Zelasko and Sarah Rodriguez(my sister Lindsey's housemates from JMU)
My sister, Lindsey and Mom Creeden
Jeff Derstine, Dad Creeden, John Seasholtz, Ryan
Melissa Sell and Becca Derstine (and one of Julia's silly faces) (not pictured Becca's Baby AJ)
Ryan's cousin Joey and his Aunt Angela
Joey came to the party and surprised us!
Norma Favors and Lisa Spengler
Andy Kretlow, (not pictured Andrea Kretlow because she was taking all of these pictures), Dave Housel who made the most delicious chocolate chip cookies, Heidi Spengler(soon to be Johnson), Rob Spengler, Sydney and my sister Rachel Housel
Jenna Seasholtz
Maddie, Julia and David
Jenna and Kristie Seasholtz
Sydney received so many sweet presents from her friends and family. Just after she opened one present and was about to start playing with it, I'd hand her another one to open. She didn't get frustrated at all. She did take a time out from present opening to climb onto a box and sit on top of it for a little while. I ran out of room on my memory card during present opening, so this is all we got!
Sydney playing with a toy that she got from Bob and Darlene Spengler who unfortunately couldn't make it to the party! We're praying for you Uncle Bob!
My Aunt Jan came on Friday and helped me out big time! Thank you Aunt Jan! She bought Sydney this baby doll for her birthday and as soon as Sydney got the doll in her hands she gave her a big hug! So I think we're finally starting to learn "gentle"!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was SOME party. I enjoyed looking at your pics. It made me feel like I was there, but excuse me, I never got cake. I WANT PIG!!!