Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Very Happy Birthday Weekend!

On Halloween, I celebrated the big 3-0. The day really was bittersweet. I wasn't prepared for how much I would miss my mom. Even though I haven't celebrated quite a few birthdays with my mom on the actual day, it was hard knowing I wouldn't be getting a phone call from her. Talking to my dad and sisters that morning did cheer me up and I was also really looking forward to Ryan's mom bringing dinner for us that night and then giving candy out to the trick or treaters. Little did I know, there was also another surprise for me later that night.

These are some shots from Ryan's mom bringing dinner and cake over. Sydney's b-day is 3 days after mine, so she got a musical b-day card from Ryan's mom, Nonna. She was cracking us up. She'd open it and dance and then close it right back up.


Sydney got to join in eating some of my birthday cake too! We're just warming her up for her own b-day cake in a few days! Sydney didn't know what to think of this little toy!
Yummy!!
She was even sweet enough to share some with Nonna!

All bundled up to give out candy to the trick or treaters! We didn't even bother putting her Hershey Kiss costume on. We knew it would only lead to tears!


Watching and waiting for the kids to come walking up our front steps!


So now for the big surprise! I'm giving candy out to the kids and all of sudden my sister, Rachel, appears out of nowhere! I was shocked! She drove all the way up from NJ after work. Being a stay at home mom, I have no concept of what day of the week it is and I just assumed she had to drive back that night for work the next day. When I asked her how long she could stay she said all weekend if you want! Of course I wanted her all weekend! We had such a good time together! And Sydney loved having Aunt Rachel around. She sat on Aunt Rachel's lap and read books together, she gave hugs to her and had fun pointing to Rach's eye and almost poking her eye out in the process.

Ryan made chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast!
On Saturday some of my friends took me out to P.F. Changs in Plymouth Meeting. It's my favorite restaurant!
Gotta love PF Changs lettuce wraps!
Our dessert shots! Boy were they yummy!

1 comment:

Becca said...

my fortune cookie should have said "too much beef and brocowi lead to many chin."