
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
In Memory of Mom
Friday, January 16th was the 1 year anniversary of my mom going home to be with Jesus! Sydney, Lindsey and I drove home to be with my family for the weekend. We went out to dinner on Friday night to the Library III, which was my mom and dad's favorite restaurant. It was so good being together. We did things my mom loved to do! We shared memories, laughed, played games, drank yoohoo and ate peanut m&ms. One of my favorite songs is "Blessed Be the Name of the Lord." The verse in it that says "my heart will choose to say more blessed be Your name" is so true. We had to make a choice when we first found out about my mom's cancer, through her death and even now as we miss her, that our hearts will choose to say more blessed be Your Name, Jesus. I choose not to dwell in the sorrow, but to choose joy! Below are some of the pages from a storybook that I made for my sisters with pictures of my mom and some of her favorite recipes.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)



1 comment:
I'm so glad that you guys were all able to get together and remember her by doing (and eating) some of her favorite things. :-)
Love you!
Jess
Post a Comment